In accordance with HSE and Government guidelines, we have implemented some changes to how we run our classes. However we are confident that even with these changes our ability to deliver our classes will not be impinged, nor will students’ enjoyment be diminished.
We welcomed the news from An Taoiseach, that children’s activities can resume and although we now live and work in a “new normal”, the importance of exercise, social interaction and mental well being have not changed. We feel that being able to welcome all of our students back to the Studio will be so beneficial for them. Allowing them to continue to train alongside their friends at an activity which they all enjoy will be worthwhile.
- Class sizes will be limited and social distancing of 2 metres apart will apply at all times. We will have specific markings on the floor for students to help with this. Each of our studio floors has been laid out with 2m x 2m grid pattern for students, making it easier for them to distance from others.
- There will be 15-minute intervals between classes. This will allow us to let one group go home and clean, disinfect and sanitise all equipment and surfaces in the studio before the next group arrives. Staggered times will also limit the interaction between people coming/going.
- Our waiting rooms will now be closed. When your child arrives for class, they should arrive as close to the actual start time as possible and they will be required to wait with you in your car until the class begins.
- Students must arrive ready for class – so dance shoes etc must already be changed. They will not be permitted to bring any extra personal belongings into the studio at this time. Parents will not be allowed to enter the studio.
- We will limit social interaction with parents on the door for safety but also so as not to slow down the people entering / exiting. Our staff may wear face masks/shields when doing the door, but not during the activity itself. Although we cannot chat on the door, we are still available to discuss any issues by phone or email outside of class times.
- Students will use a Studio hand sanitizer on arrival and again on exiting. Temperatures may be taken on arrival. At the start of each class, we will remind them of all precautions that should be maintained during the class (social distancing, good respiratory hygiene etc). All of our staff have undertaken various online courses in relation to Return To Sport and Covid-19 and are fully up-to-date with all policies and procedures relating to this.
- Students must stay home / not attend class if they feel unwell.
We have a risk assessment document an updated health and safety policy and staff & facility procedure checklist available in our Studio Wolfe app with more detailed information should you require it.
UNEXPECTED VIRTUAL CLASSES:
If we are mandated to close our physical location due to any government order, classes will convert to virtual Zoom classes and instruction will continue. We have had great success with all ages on our Zoom classes and are confident we can continue to engage our students should the need arise.